Date:      Thu, 13 Apr 2000 22:27:44 -0400
From:      "Gary T. Corcoran" <gcorcoran@lucent.com>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Setting device options

Mike Smith wrote:

> > So, I want to know how I can "automagically" set the device options,
> > every time a user kldload's the device driver.
>
> If you want to support this mode of operation, you really don't have a
> lot of options right now.
> Well, teaching kldload about module parameters would make it into 4.1, if
> that's good enough.

Well, unless there are some of you out there that have Lucent WildWire cards
*and* compatible DSL service, and you just can't wait to get a driver, I can
wait a little while...  ;-)  That is, presuming you meant "_should_ make it
into 4.1" :), which isn't *that* far away...

When and where should I look for information on how "module parameters"
work?  (I don't have the time or resources to run both 4.x and -current)

BTW, there *are* hundreds of thousands of the boards out there in Compaq,
Dell, and HP computers, but most of them are being used only as V.90
Winmodems for the time being -- the boards can do either V.90 or DSL with
the appropriate driver, though not simultaneously...

Thanks,
Gary
 Gary Corcoran - Distinguished Member of Technical Staff
Lucent Microelectronics - Client Access Broadband Systems
   Communications Protocol & Driver Development Group
   "We make the drivers that make communications work"
              Email: gcorcoran@lucent.com