Date:      Mon, 19 Jul 1999 15:50:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jobaldwi@vt.edu>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/12657: Handbook on ftp mirrors is old...

The following reply was made to PR docs/12657; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: John Baldwin <jobaldwi@vt.edu>
To: Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org, jobaldwi@smtp3.erols.com
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 18:46:54 -0400 (EDT)

 On 19-Jul-99 Nik Clayton wrote:
 > On Thu, Jul 15, 1999 at 08:15:28PM -0700, jobaldwi@vt.edu wrote:
 >> The version of the handbook and FAQ that are available for download
 >> on the ftp mirrors are old.
 >
 > Known about.  I'm currently rolling them by hand when I remember to do
 > it.  I haven't invested any energy in automating this, because the
 > doc/ reorg will make the Makefile logic much simpler.  If enough people
 > shout at me then I can work on it now.

 I just know some newbies on irc were complaining about it.  It would probably
 be nice to at least stay up with the current release by hand until the new
 organization allows for a more automated fashion of doing it.  That's only 3
 times a year you know. :)

 ---

 John Baldwin <jobaldwi@vt.edu> -- http://members.freedomnet.com/~jbaldwin/
 PGP Key: http://members.freedomnet.com/~jbaldwin/pgpkey.asc