Date:      Thu, 28 Nov 2002 21:04:18 +0100
From:      Bjarne Wichmann Petersen <freebsd.nospam@mekanix.dk>
To:        Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mplayer: xv vs. sdl

On Monday 25 November 2002 15:28, Jason Andresen wrote:

> >And where/how do I configure SDL? There is no 'man sdl', the documentation
> > in /usr/local/share/doc are for delelopers and I can't find any
> > config-files? Is it possible to adjust brightness/contrast/gamma in SDL?
> The first thing to check is that you have xv configured correctly
> (xvinfo will tell you).  If not, mplayer may be reverting to X images.
> Also, is your CPU usage higher when using Xv instead of SDL? If so, that
> indicates a problem with Xv on your system.

Hmm, doesn't look like xvinfo are reporting anything unusual, mplayer doesn't
bark when using xv, /var/log/XFree86.0.log tells xvideo is initialised and
no, there is no difference in CPU-load between sdl and xv and finally ogle
(and other apps) uses xv without the small jitters.

How can I set the XV_BRIGHTNESS variable? If I could set this, I might be able
to use another player instead of mplayer.

Bjarne
--
Homepage: http://www.mekanix.dk