Date:      Sat, 13 Mar 2004 18:25:39 +0100
From:      Per olof Ljungmark <peo@intersonic.se>
To:        Antoine Jacoutot <ajacoutot@lphp.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: nss_ldap/pam_ldap, what am I missing?

Antoine Jacoutot wrote:
>>The ultimate goal is to create a Samba PDC, but seems far away ay the
>>moment...
>
> I have this kind of setup working perfectly. Tell me what you need.

I need to figure out the interaction between OpenLDAP and the PAM
system. LDAP is working fine, Samba is fine.

/usr/local/etc/openldap/ldap.conf:
(/etc/ldap.conf and /usr/local/etc/ldap.conf are symlinked to above)

HOST    127.0.0.1
BASE    dc=<mydomain>,dc=<dom>
nss_base_passwd dc=<mydomain>,dc=<dom>?sub
nss_base_shadow dc=<mydomain>,dc=<dom>?sub
nss_base_group  ou=Groups,dc=<mydomain>,dc=<dom>?one
ssl             no
pam_password    md5

I guess what I lack is understanding of how the PAM system works, what
to add in pam.d and finally what (password) scripts would be useful when
using Samba 3 in FreeBSD.

If you have a similar setup working I am very interested in how it was
accomplished.

Any input highly appriciated!

Per olof