Date:      05 May 1998 20:59:20 +0200
From:      dag-erli@ifi.uio.no (Dag-Erling Coidan =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sm=F8rgrav?= )
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG, jkh@FreeBSD.ORG, xcejka00@dcse.fee.vutbr.cz
Subject:   Re: bin/6522

"Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com> writes:
> > implement this completely in kbdcontrol.  It currently allows
> > the evil "kbdcontrol -l uk.iso".  Hint: understand the patch in
> > the PR.
> Sounds like behavior needs to be removed more than added, but that's a
> topic for another PR. :)

Jordan, this is a trivial fix for a stupid (no offense) oversight. I
don't really see a reason *not* to commit it. The current behavior of
'kbdcontrol -l glorb' is:

 1) try ./glorb
 2) try ./glorb.kbd
 3) try /usr/share/syscons/keymaps/glorb.kbd

What the patch does is add a step before 3), so the sequence becomes:

 1) try ./glorb
 2) try ./glorb.kbd
 3) try /usr/share/syscons/keymaps/glorb
 4) try /usr/share/syscons/keymaps/glorb.kbd

which makes more sense in my opinion. Of course you can argue that if
we remove 2) the current behavior becomes consistent, but I'd be quite
surprised to hear anyone here seriously suggest removing perfectly
working functionality from a FreeBSD component.

Anyway, I'm committing this patch now.

--
Noone else has a .sig like this one.