Date:      Mon, 13 Jul 2015 18:33:22 +0200
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Michael Vale <m.vale@live.com.au>
Cc:        "freebsd-embedded@freebsd.org" <freebsd-embedded@freebsd.org>, "freebsd-mips@freebsd.org" <freebsd-mips@freebsd.org>, "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>, "portmgr@freebsd.org" <portmgr@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Cross Ports - skip stage and install directly to sysroot

--jTMWTj4UTAEmbWeb

On Sun, Jul 12, 2015 at 05:18:06PM +1030, Michael Vale wrote:
> http://www.mediafire.com/download/4xqxzldx29oaxzd/bsd.port.mk.sysrootinst=
all.patch
> I haven't had a chance to test this out because there are some bugs in pk=
g-1.5.4 source that doesn't let me compile it, but.  it installs to the abs=
olute path, so i'm not sure that's what we want, it might be best to just l=
eave the stage in else pkg might get confused and store the wrong path on t=
he target systems pkgdb and be unable to remove said packages, but I don't =
know if thats the case for sure or not.
> Choice is yours. 		 	   		 =20

First thanks for working on that. Would it be possible that you attache the
patch in the mail next time? would be way easier to review.

Concerning the bug in pkg you are speaking about, what compiler are you usi=
ng,
because the fact one contributed file is in CRLF (we keep the upstream vers=
ion
as vanilla as possible) should not be a problem for any compiler.

Best regards,
Bapt

--jTMWTj4UTAEmbWeb

--jTMWTj4UTAEmbWeb--