Date:      Sat, 16 May 2009 19:32:46 +0200
From:      Romain =?iso-8859-1?Q?Tarti=E8re?= <romain@blogreen.org>
To:        x11@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   How to stay up-to-date with Nouveau?

--nFreZHaLTZJo0R7j

Hi!

I am happily using Nouveau from a while now and have always updated my
ports according to the following scheme:
  1. Update the system "as usual";
  2. Update and install drm from git;
  3. Update and install xf86-video-nouveau from git.

I have been doing this since I have patched my src tree (I continued to
update my system using subversion so the patches are still merged in
it).

However, I can see ports update for xf86-video-nouveau so I am wondering
if I could just continue to use drm and xf86-video-nouveau from the
ports instead of the ones in git? I think that patches in the system are
still required, are they?

Thank you!
Romain

--=20
Romain Tarti=E8re <romain@blogreen.org>        http://romain.blogreen.org/
pgp: 8DAB A124 0DA4 7024 F82A  E748 D8E9 A33F FF56 FF43 (ID: 0xFF56FF43)
(plain text =3Dnon-HTML=3D PGP/GPG encrypted/signed e-mail much appreciated)

--nFreZHaLTZJo0R7j

--nFreZHaLTZJo0R7j--