Date:      Wed, 5 Dec 2018 10:10:46 -0500
From:      Steve Wills <swills@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Babak Farrokhi <farrokhi@FreeBSD.org>, rm@FreeBSD.org, python@FreeBSD.org,  sunpoet@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ipython 7.x and ipykernel 5.x

Hi,

Trying to update devel/py-jupyter_console and devel/py-qtconsole, I
found that I need ipython 7.x and ipykernel 5.x. I already created
devel/py-prompt_toolkit2 since prompt_toolkit 2.x is incompatible with 1.x.

Should I commit separate ports for devel/ipython7 and
devel/py-ipykernel5 or do you have plans to update devel/ipython and
devel/py-ipykernel? Note I already have devel/ipython7 and
devel/py-ipykernel5 tested and working locally. But I thought we may
prefer to just update rather than keep so many versions around. What's
your preference?

Thanks,
Steve