Date:      Mon, 29 Jan 2024 20:55:06 +0100
From:      Michael Gmelin <freebsd@grem.de>
To:        William Bulley <web@umich.edu>
Cc:        x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libinput recognizies my keyboard, but not its arrow keys

> On 29. Jan 2024, at 20:46, William Bulley <web@umich.edu> wrote:
>=20
> =EF=BB=BFAccording to Michael Gmelin <freebsd@grem.de> on Mon, 01/29/24 at=
 14:17:
>>=20
>> Could you try these commands in xterm and see if any of them
>> helps:
>>=20
>>    setxkbmap -model pc105 -layout us
>>=20
>> if it does not work, try:
>>=20
>>    setxkbmap -model pc104 -layout us
>>=20
>> if it does not work, try:
>>=20
>>    setxkbmap -model hhk -layout us
>=20
> Thanks for your reply and suggestions.
>=20
> I tried those in that order, each time shutting down my x11 session
> and starting it up again.

Did you try if it works directly after running each of the commands or did y=
ou restart x11?  These settings change the running x11 session and take imme=
diate effect, restating x11 will start with your defaults and is not require=
d for this test.

If this doesn=E2=80=99t help, I would suggest to start without any specific x=
org.conf file(a) (just move it out of the way) and see if the defaults (in c=
ombination with one of setxkbmap commands) does the trick.

Sharing you xorg log won=E2=80=99t hurt either.

-m