Date:      Mon, 28 Feb 2005 08:07:30 -0800
From:      Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
To:        Gerhard Schmidt <estartu@augusta.de>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wakeonlan problem with FreeBSD

Gerhard Schmidt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with FreeBSD and wake on lan. I have an asrock K8S8X
> mainboard and try to use the wakeonlan feature to start the computer.
> I have set up the bios to enable WOL. Everything is working when I
> shutdown the computer from WinXP. When I turn the computer of from
> FreeBSD using halt -p oder apciconf -s5 WOL doesn't work. Any suggestions
> how I can enable WOL when freebsd does the poweroff.

There is also a per-device sysctl of the form:

dev.DEVICE.%d.wake

Setting it to 1 notifies the BIOS that you wish for this device to be
able to wake the system.  Setting it to 0 disables this.  Give it a try,
however, not every device is properly exported to ACPI by the BIOS so it
may not be available.  Also, it may require some per-device support, not
just acpi.  I haven't really done much more work on this other than
making sure the acpi part works as the spec says.

--
Nate