Date:      Wed, 04 Apr 2007 16:31:16 +0200
From:      Jona Joachim <walkingshadow@grummel.net>
To:        Eric <heli@mikestammer.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cyrus-sasl alternative?

Eric a écrit :
> Jona Joachim wrote:
>> Anton Blajev a écrit :
>>>
>>> Hello group,
>>> what alternative can I use insted of the port scheduled for deletion:
>>>
>>> portname:           security/cyrus-sasl
>> <snip>
>>
>> If you also need a POP3/IMAP server you might want to take a look at
>> Dovecot. I'm using Dovecot SASL.
>
> maybe i missed something, but whats wrong with the sasl2 port? isnt that
> what most people are using already?

No there's nothing wrong with it. Anton Blajev asked about an
alternative to security/cyrus-sasl. I like Dovecot very much so I wanted
to mention it. rafan already mentioned cyrus-sasl2 so I didn't have to
talk about it anymore. Dovecot SASL is easier to configure than Cyrus
SASL IMO and I know that Dovecot developers focus very much on security
whereas for Cyrus developers I don't know. However if you prefer Cyrus I
don't think there is anything wrong with it.

Regards, Jona