Date:      Wed, 5 Jan 2005 11:09:52 +0100
From:      Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        msch@snafu.de
Subject:   Re: libmap.conf and ports

--nextPart20090880.6h1rAkXiM4

On Wednesday, 5. January 2005 10:33, msch@snafu.de wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have major problems to compile gpgme-1.0.1 on *some* machines (see
> below).
>
> Before all the compile/link-errors one major question:
>
> What about /etc/libmap.conf and the mapping of libc_r to libpthread?
> It was once recommended and I never heard anything about it.
> Is it still recommended?
> Is it mandatory? Or forbidden?
> Or simply no longer necessary?

Depends. If you have ports installed which still link to libc_r, it's bette=
r=20
to have the mapping in place. However, it's much preferrable to not have=20
anything linking to libc_r left. The easiest method of finding out is simpl=
y=20
moving libc_r out of /usr/lib. If stuff fails, recompile it. Once your syst=
em=20
is clean of all references, you can put NOLIBC_R=3Dtrue into make.conf and=
=20
avoid compiling/installing it during upgrades completely.

> And now for the port:
>
> I get the following errors during the compilation of gpgme-1.0.1 in the
> context of a KDE-upgrade:

> t-thread1.o(.text+0x857): In function `main':
> : undefined reference to `pthread_create'
>
> t-thread1.o(.text+0x87a): In function `main':
> : undefined reference to `pthread_create'
>
> t-thread1.o(.text+0x88b): In function `main':
> : undefined reference to `pthread_join'
>
> t-thread1.o(.text+0x89c): In function `main':
> : undefined reference to `pthread_join'

Try experimenting with the PTH option on the machines that give you trouble.

=2D-=20
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi@freebsd.org