Date:      Wed, 1 Jan 1997 20:00:48 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>
To:        jaitken@dimension.net
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FAQ 6.6

> I'm trying to get multiple systems booting from the NT boot menu.  I
> read the FAQ (especially number 6.6) but all I've found so far talks
> about everything being on the *same* disk.  I've got NT4.0, Win '95, and
> FreeBSD on three separate IDE drives and can't seem to get it to work.
>
> 1st drive on primary IDE: Win NT 4.0
> 2nd drive on primary IDE: Win '95
> 1st drive on secondary IDE: FreeBSD 2.1.5
> 2nd drive on secondary IDE: CD-ROM
>
> Any suggestions?  I've browsed Microsoft's TechNet and other online
> resources, but no mention of multiple OS' on *different* disks.

I currently boot NT/Win95/FreeBSD/Linux using a neat tool called:
BOOTPART.EXE, that edits the WinNT boot.ini appropriately, and
creates the boot block files for booting the other OSes.  The
biggest problem that I had was that Linux had to reside on my
first IDE drive (LILO limitation.)

Here is an URL:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/gvollant/bootpart.htm

John