Date:      16 Dec 1999 13:37:45 -0500
From:      Lowell Gilbert <lowell@world.std.com>
To:        J Catch <jcatch@worldpac.net>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3.3 Upgrade crashes

Well, I hope someone else has answered, but since I haven't seen it,
here's my attempt to help:

J Catch <jcatch@worldpac.net> writes:

> Thanks for the reply. I have re cvsupped and redone make buildworld several
> times.
> It always stops on compiling login.  I have also tried a make from
> /usr/src/usr.bin/login with the same error results.

Well, I'm still not seeing this, so it's probably something funny in
your compile setup.  I notice a bunch of nonstandard things in your
compile:  you're doing O2 optimization, you have -m486 and defined
FDSETSIZE.  I can't see how any of those would be a problem, but they
do indicate that you've modified your compile environment.

'skeyaccess' is in libskey, and rad_strerror is in libradius.  It
sounds like you're compiling pam with options that you're not using on
login.  However that's happening, it's probably related to something
you customized.

One thing you might want to check is /etc/make.conf.  You may not have
merged the /etc changes yet, and there may be something that changed
in make.conf.  [I don't recall whether there was, and a quick browse
of the web-based copy of the cvs tree doesn't show me anything that
might be related, although it does remind me that some of the
differences between your build and mine may be because my make.conf is
more up to date...]

Good luck.