Date:      Sat, 04 May 2002 08:18:37 -0400
From:      Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine <brunner@nic-naa.net>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        darin@netscape.com, harishd@netscape.com, Martin Blapp <mbr@FreeBSD.ORG>, cvs-committers@FreeBSD.ORG, security-officer@FreeBSD.ORG, gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/www/mozilla Makefile

[cvs-all un-cc'd, darin@netscape.com, harishd@netscape.com cc'd.]

> Speak of the devil ;-).  I think this patch corrects not only the
> security hole, but also the resulting seg fault from the initial patch.
> Please test if you can, and let me know.  It worked for me.
>
> Joe

Bonsai shows that:
	the change to uriloader/base/nsDocLoader.cpp == 3.252.
	(Apr 30, fixes bug 141061
	 XMLHttpRequest allows reading of local files)
	the change to netwerk/protocol/http/src/Makefile == 1.57
	(also 141061)
	the change to netwerk/protocol/http/src/nsHttpChannel.cpp == 1.115
	(also 141061)

but
	the change to htmlparser/src/CNavDTD.cpp == 3.384
	(Apr 16, fixes bug 137644
	 crash when XMLHttpRequest tries to load HTML)

Now I wouldn't have noticed either yesterday, as I work off of cvs from
cvs.mozilla.org, not the tarball in the ports collection. Besides, I live
in Maine and have fewer neurons than a lobster.

Why was a delta made more than two weeks ago (CNavDTD.cpp, the possible
culprit in one reported crash), to the seamonkey cvs tree, made out-of-band
(from the ports/www/mozilla tarball fetch) in mail today?

Why are we (freebsd) marking ports/www/mozilla/Makefile FORBIDDEN on 3 May,
not to mention tracking by the greymagic URL, not a mozilla bugid, when a
fix for the bug was committed (verified fixed) on 30 April?

I probably need a cup of coffee, but I'm surprised by the disconnect(s),
both of them.

Well, off to the races, -STABLE, w/SMP, cvsup'd yesterday, mozilla cvs'd
this morning ...
# uname -a
FreeBSD nic-naa.net 4.6-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 4.6-PRERELEASE #1: Sat May  4 06:42:26 EDT 2002     brunner@nic-naa.net:/usr/obj/config/ABENAKI-SMP  i386

Eric