Date:      Wed, 22 Feb 1995 16:08:11 +0100
From:      se@MI.Uni-Koeln.DE (Stefan Esser)
To:        ljo@po.cwru.edu
Cc:        hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/pci pci.c

On Feb 22,  9:53, ljo@po.CWRU.Edu wrote:
}  Is the 2.0R code suspect in doing anything with graphics BIOSes?  I'm
} trying to use two SVGA cards and run X on both using X Inside's X
} server that supports this (For PCI cards). This doesn't work though...

The PCI attach code always left VGA cards alone.
Didn't check this, but I assume the X server uses
BIOS supplied parameters (at least under XFree).

}  Also, some new PCI video frame grabbers are supporting DCI (Display
} Control Interface) an Intel/Microsoft standard. This seems related
} to the bus-mastering and it is not clear if it has anything to do with
} hardware. Does anyone know how to get info on this?

No idea about DCI. If it needs PCI support under
FreeBSD, I'd like to learn about this ...

Regards, STefan

--
 Stefan Esser				Internet:	<se@ZPR.Uni-Koeln.DE>
 Zentrum fuer Paralleles Rechnen	Tel:		+49 221 4706019