Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 2001 11:58:49 +0200
From:      Danny Braniss <danny@cs.huji.ac.il>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dell PERC 3 support?

In message <20010123012109.O26076@fw.wintelcom.net>you write:
}A friend just asked me if we support the PERC 3 cards shipped in
}Dell servers.  If not, anyone have a recommendation for a controller
}in the same price performance category that is supported?

if it's a Dell p-somthing 2450, then there is support,
	http://people.freebsd.org/~msmith/RAID

i couldn't boot from the raid, and only tested raid0 (only had 2 disks)
and the speeds were very nice.

btw, if you figure out how to make it bootable, i would like to know.

danny