Date:      Mon, 30 Mar 1998 00:41:33 -0400 (AST)
From:      Marc Fournier <marc.fournier@acadiau.ca>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Adaptec 2940UW causing system hangs...

Morning...

	I'm slowly going through some of the more recent discussions in
the archives about the 2940 controllers, and there seems to be alot of
'theories' bouncing around about reducing the transfer rate from 20Mps to
10Mps, in order to eliminate the problem.

	2 questions ...

	1. doesn't that defeat the point of UW?
	2. *where* is the problem? our drivers or the controller
	   themselves?

	I'm going to downgrade mine to 10Mps tomorrow when someone gets to
the office, but it seems me that this would defeat the purpose of *using*
UW if its too much to handle :(

Thanks...