Date:      Thu, 08 Apr 1999 12:18:48 -0400
From:      Spamoff <Spamoff@tampabay.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   [Fwd: AMD K6-2 3D now at 300MHz (PC100)]

--------------3EB20C4973F76A17D300F213

error...here it is for the list  :)

--------------3EB20C4973F76A17D300F213

Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 12:17:29 -0400
From: Spamoff <Spamoff@tampabay.rr.com>
To: "Frederick J Polsky v1.0" <fred@fredbox.com>
Subject: Re: AMD K6-2 3D now at 300MHz (PC100)

Many thanks to Frederick and Nat for their replies. I did a dmesg and yes, it
says it's a 586 class.

Frederick J Polsky v1.0 wrote:

> I can't speak to the K6 series but the Cyrix 6x86 required the i686 in
> order to work. Also, in line with the rest of this thread, I've been
> running a K6-2-333 just fine (aside from it running that quaint hack
> from Redmond) at 350 (3.5x100), it barely even makes body temperature...

How did you run the K6-2-333 ? Just the generic kernel or a custom one.
(oh...hack as in win95/98/nt ?  ).  A bit slow.

Any ideas why the make aborts on mine with the generic kernel.

This is frustrating  :)

Regards...Martin