Date:      Sat, 15 Oct 2005 23:24:25 +1300
From:      Bora <beaurat@mail.ru>
To:        freebsd-www@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   new web site - bring back the old one

Dear BSD,

While appreciating the effort, and regretting being a spoilsport,
please, bring back the old web site.

It was much easier to navigate, far more informative.
There was more information on a single page, so I did not
need to make too many clicks to get where I wanted to go.
A highly technical web site such as yours is not an adventure game.
It is a library!  Here, clarity, transparent ordering, and restraint
in visual effects wins at all times over any amount of "design skill"
applied to it.

e.g. On my screen, there is a huge white void
between "Learn more" and the "Latest news" way below it.
It may "look nice" to a designer devoid of any sense of practicality,
but is a huge waste of a resource: the space.  This means, less
information presented on the page, thus more clicking to find
what is where, therefore the waste of time, too.

Plus, all the fancy floating frames and other super-duper
web design devices clutter the screen, and are not yet universally
supported (yes, this one is about the big evil company).

If you are dead set on having a new look, please, keep the header,
the left and the right column of the old home page, and limit
the "fancy designer" stuff to the middle.

Regards,

B.