Date:      Mon, 17 Feb 2020 19:58:08 +0300
From:      =?UTF-8?Q?=C3=96zg=C3=BCr_Kazancci?= <ozgur@kazancci.com>
To:        David Mehler <dave.mehler@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, owner-freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tightening sshd, removing server identification banner

Hello David,

If you're sure you uncommented these lines,
#VersionAddendum none
#Banner none

and restarted the sshd, then there is no much else left -imho-. A
complete removal of SSHD banner (if that's what you're trying to do)
requires a manual edit of OpenSSH(d) files&complete complication of it
from scratch.

Best,
Özgür.