Date:      Mon, 20 Oct 1997 17:53:27 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Joachim Wunder <Joachim.Wunder@lrz.tu-muenchen.de>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Warning: Actions not found: TVSetChannel

Joachim Wunder:
 |I just installed Fxtv Version 0.45 and the newest available driver for my
 |Win/TVpci under FreeBSD 2.2.1.
 |
 |All seems to work very fine, except that I cannot tune in any channel.
 |Fxtv reports the following on start-up:
 |
 |	Warning: Actions not found: TVSetChannel
 |
 |I only can see "snow" on the video-screen. :(
 |
 |I am using a Trio V64+ and 16bpp and the card is working great under Win95.

Sorry about that -- my fault.  Joao and Alex also hit this last week.

There are a few ways to fix your problem.  The easiest is to change the
"TVSetChannel"s in app_rsrc.h to "TVSetStation", rm tv.o, and rebuild fxtv.

The reason these (albeit incorrect) internal defaults are coming into play
is that Fxtv can't find its global resource file.  You can set
XFILESEARCHPATH (see below) so that it can.  This, also, will also get rid
of the TVSetChannel errors.

I'll clean this up for the next version.

Randall

Randall Hopper:
 |Alex Nash:
 | |  Warning: Actions not found: TVSetChannel
 |
 |This one's my bust.  TVSetChannel is history.  It's TVSetStation now.  I
 |changed this in the global Fxtv resource file, but I missed it in the
 |internal fall-back.  If fxtv can't find the global resource file
 |(via XFILESEARCHPATH), it falls back on internal defaults in the code,
 |which are in error.
 |
 |To fix, either:
 |
 |    setenv XFILESEARCHPATH  /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/%T/%N%C%S:/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/%T/%N%S
 |
 |or something similar; or replace the "TVSetChannel" refs in app_rsrc.h with
 |"TVSetStation", remove tv.o, and relink fxtv.  Or do both.