Date:      Sat, 2 Feb 2002 13:07:43 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        hh <hh@dsgx.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.5-stable problems

--1UWUbFP1cBYEclgG

On Sat, Feb 02, 2002 at 01:23:26PM +0000, hh wrote:
> when i migrated from linux to fbsd 4.4-stable was the most
> beautifull thing i got like 230 days up with a load of more than
> 3mb/s on the machine and more than 400 proccess's active .. now that
> i got 4.5-stable the computer started crashed from nothing and it's
> not even logging the reason .. and i do need to fix this problem as
> soon as possible or else gonna start loosing customer's does this
> happened already with somebody ? or how can i proceed to try to
> detect the reason .. some of my friends are having the same problems

a) Either go back to a working version for now until you can study the
problem in more detail

b) Look in the handbook for information on obtaining panic tracebacks
from kernel panics.  When the system crashes it presumably displays a
panic message on the console; the handbook explains how to extract the
relevant information from this to tell a developer exactly where it is
crashing.  This information should be posted to the freebsd-stable
mailing list.

Kris

--1UWUbFP1cBYEclgG

--1UWUbFP1cBYEclgG--