Date:      Fri, 8 Dec 2000 21:30:11 +0000
From:      Scott Mitchell <scott.mitchell@mail.com>
To:        Burbaickij Ariel <Ariel.Burbaickij@erl9.siemens.de>
Cc:        "'freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>, Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Subject:   Re: What is actually the state of support for Compaq 10/100 Netellige nt

On Fri, Dec 08, 2000 at 09:35:38AM -0800, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> * Burbaickij Ariel <Ariel.Burbaickij@erl9.siemens.de> [001208 09:14] wrote:
> > Is the driver f*cking buggy or what?
> > It recognizes the thing correctly as
> >  Netelligent 10/100 card
> > but fails to allocate memory to it as it uses to say me at least.
> > Where is so clever and smart author of driver ?
>
> Well he's obvious a hell of a lot more clever and smart than you,
> he wrote the damn thing.

Thanks, Alfred.  I wouldn't have put it so politely myself :-)

> > I want to know following 3 things :
>
> I don't care, is it possible for you to write an email where you:
>
> a) don't insult the developers
> b) format it properly
> c) ask in a manner that doesn't show contempt for the rest of the
>    people on the list (cursing/demanding an answer)
>
> It'd be appreciated and make a lot more sense since I really don't
> see where one gets off insulting people he wants help from.  (well
> at least I thought that was only an american trait :) )

[the rest of this directed at Mr. Burbaickij, not Alfred...]

Indeed.  I've already gone out of my way to make suggestions despite the
fact that your messages are near-incomprehensible and you (apparently)
haven't tried any of the things anyone has asked you to try.

Yes, the driver is buggy, but it works for a lot of people.  I've helped
plenty of people with similar problems to yours in the past, and in almost
all cases the problem was one of misconfiguration rather than a driver
bug.  So sue me if I don't rush off and start rewriting the thing
immediately.

If everything works so well on Linux, how about you go use Linux and quit
bothering us?