Date:      Thu, 8 Jan 2015 18:13:00 +0800
From:      Ben Woods <woodsb02@gmail.com>
To:        =?UTF-8?Q?Michael_Gr=C3=BCnewald?= <michipili@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Ports quarterly branches

I also wonder how that works. For example, I presume there is an attempt to
ensure most of the ports a building successfully prior to the quarterly
branch?

A gnome3 dependency stopped building the other day, meaning the gnome3
metapackage was no longer available to install. Would be a bit harsh to
branch a quarterly branch at that point. If it did, can people then still
commit fixes and security updates to the quarterly branch, or is it frozen?