Date:      Fri, 11 Apr 1997 00:32:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      camattin@ncsu.edu (Chris A. Mattingly)
To:        mark@quickweb.com (Mark Mayo)
Cc:        taob@nbc.netcom.ca (Brian Tao), bartol@salk.edu (Tom Bartol), freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG (FREEBSD-CURRENT-L)
Subject:   Re: XFree86 3.2 causes constant 1.0 load average?

Mark Mayo wrote the following about "Re: XFree86 3.2 causes constant 1.0 load average?" on Thu Apr 10 23:43:47 1997

> On Wed, Apr 09, 1997 at 01:47:57PM -0400, Brian Tao wrote:
> > On Mon, 7 Apr 1997, Tom Bartol wrote:
> > >
> > > I am running FreeBSD-3.0-970209-SNAP and AfterStep-1.0pre6 also and
> > > I too occasionally see this same thing (this morning, in fact).  I
> > > have not been able to track it down.
> >
> >     What X server are you using?  Mach64?
>
> I also see this bogus load crap using Afterstep - but under Xinside's
> matrox Millenium server... Again, it seems random when the load will rise..
> I've had this behaviour with Afterstep since version 1.0pre2, and since
> the 2.2 October SNAP up to 2.2.1R right now.

I've been seeing this too with -current, under XFree86 3.2 and 3.2A
with fvwm95.

Something else I've noticed is that serial traffic via usermode
ppp causes the load to go higher than it used to.. but only
some of the times, kinda like the 1.0 load.  :-/

-Chris
--
Chris Mattingly           | My views are not necessarily those of my employers
camattin@ncsu.edu         |