Date:      Thu, 28 Dec 1995 00:13:32 -0800
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        hsu@clinet.fi (Heikki Suonsivu), hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cyclades 32-port card, cy/cyb drivers

>First opportunity I get, I'll try to get it back into a FreeBSD box and
>run your changes, but before that I have to get his 2940 working, or
>face him converting everything except his news server over to Linux.

Linux uses the same sequencer code that we do, so the problems should
be much the same.  Of course one of the problems that's hitting people
seems to be in the kernel driver.  Anyway, as soon as I get back from
vacation, there will be a much revamped version of the driver hitting
the tree that should fix most of these problems.  I'm not, however,
going to commit it until I finish all the things on my list and my
"beta" testers give it a clean bill of health.  A few more days is
all I ask.  I should be back at my home keyboard sometime Friday.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations