Date:      Fri, 23 Jun 2006 01:41:13 +0200
From:      Jax <cybercorecentre@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   traffic shaping FreeBSD vs MiCrotiC

Hi all!

I'm new on this list, so greetings everyone.

I want to build a reliable bridge which do traffic shaping for my little
home network (but nothing else, i don't need firewall, dns, dhcp or any
other future on this mashine). The reason why the other software is
microtic ( http://www.microtic.com ), because i already have it so it's
my decision which will i use (so pls don't tell me fbsd better because
it's free :-)

First of all I'm not expert in traffic shaping, but I use bsd,linux for
many different other task.
It seems to be a little harder for me to setup traffic in freebsd, but
it can't be a reason to don't use it. BTW I read this article:
http://info.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/ip_dummynet/ so i can use this picobsd
image too.
I want your advice which one is better for traffic shaping and _why_?
And is there anything in traffic shaping which i can't do in the other OS?

Regards,

Jax