Date:      Mon, 2 Feb 1998 21:51:30 -0600 (CST)
From:      John Kenagy <jktheowl@bga.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        questions freebsd <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: compile thoteditor

Okee Dokee...

I just did that and... same result. the last message before the
"registering thoteditor..." is:

gmake[1]: *** [../bin/thot] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr (and so forth)'

Preceeding this is a whacking great list of names of object files
with "Undefined symbol..." messages. If I simply gunzip the tar files
(piped thru tar) then I still get the broken pipe message after each
tar file.

The make script reports that the checksums are ok. I _think_ the
tarballs got zip without something? Maybe? As I said I'm not a
programer but I'm usually able to get more than this out of a port.
This port, however is _way_ more complex, and I'm stumped.

Any Other ideas appreciated. Thanks again for the attention.

John