Date:      Mon, 27 Dec 1999 19:21:05 +0000
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Ean Kingston <ean@korax.net>
Cc:        Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD Documentation Project <freebsd-doc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Non-traditional Drives

On Thu, Dec 23, 1999 at 09:38:47AM -0500, Ean Kingston wrote:
> > Preferred format for the docs is DocBook, lots of information at
> >
> >     http://www.FreeBSD.org/tutorials/docproj-primer/
> >
> > If that's the "vague" document you mention earlier, please let me know
> > what isn't clear, and I'll do my best to update it.
>
> Actually, I missed that one.  I'm not sure how I managed to miss it.
> Looks like I've got some reading to do.

Let me know if you need anything else.

> Do you happen to have a pointer at flags for parallel ports?  The last
> time I went through LINT it didn't mention flags but I know there are ways
> to optimize a parallel port for ZIP drives

ppc(4)

  [...]
  Supported flags

           bits 0-3: chipset forced mode(s)

           PPB_COMPATIBLE  0x0     /* Centronics compatible mode */
           PPB_NIBBLE      0x1     /* reverse 4 bit mode */
           PPB_PS2         0x2     /* PS/2 byte mode */
           PPB_EPP         0x4     /* EPP mode, 32 bit */
           PPB_ECP         0x8     /* ECP mode */
  [...]

is all I could find.

    If you want to imagine the future, imagine a tennis shoe stamping
    on a penguin's face forever.
        --- with apologies to George Orwell