Date:      Sat, 18 Oct 1997 09:33:58 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
To:        Bernie Doehner <bad@uhf.wireless.net>
Cc:        Mika Nystrom <mika@cs.caltech.edu>, wst9720@acs.tamu.edu, freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SMP

Bernie Doehner wrote:
> > >No. You need 3.0-current or recent SNAP.
>
> Ok. Should have been clearer.. You need 3.0-current or a recent SNAP if
> you want to run a SMP kernel.
>
> Bernie

And before anybody asks "will SMP be ported to 2.2" or something like
that, the answer is definately no...  The SMP code is a primary difference
between 2.2.x and 3.0.  Taking the SMP code to 2.2 would pretty much
result in something that looked a heck of a lot like 3.0.  (minus things
like async IO of course)

> > Is this a problem specifically with this motherboard?  We routinely
> > run FreeBSD 2.2.1-2 on dual-CPU PPros with Intel motherboards, using
> > one CPU.. we do this on machines where we need to avoid -CURRENT NFS
> > bugs at all costs.
> >

> >    Mika
> >    <mika@cs.caltech.edu>

Cheers,