Date:      Sat, 23 Mar 2002 17:22:12 +0800
From:      "Zhang Weiwu" <weiwuzhang@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   to freebsd-question: i'm banned:(

I'm in China. Everybody in China wants to book freebsd mailing list has the
same following problem. I hope the admin of this list read this and maybe
we can work the problem out.

China is a spam making country, there is no doubt about it, since i'm
Chinese and i live here. The major reason for that is there is no law
forbids so. It's not hard to find quite many of the spams from China is not
the work of Chinese (they advertise foreign stuff), the spammer just
register a mail address in China and do the spaming, in order to escape
from their local law. For this reason, almost all major (i don't know an
expection) Chinese mail provider is on the forbid list of freebsd mailling
list (and many other mailing lists). I tried 263.net, 21cn.com.cn,
peoplemail.com.cn, and they all only have permissen of recieving the list
and cannot post. Now i have to post from hotmail, this is very troublesome.

I do evern start to use a paied address webmaster@cies2k.org, this address
is unique, since i'm the owner of the domain cies2k.org, no one spams from
it. but it sill cannot post. Is the mail server's ip of cies2k.org banned
(this server also serves other mail addresses) or freebsd list bans
whatever from china? Maybe banning an ip address is more practical then the
domain name.

I'm on a subnet of Chinese inter network called cernet, which has very poor
connection to oversea. It would be much better if i can send email from
native mail provider.

Please do not reply to this address, use zhangweiwu@private.21cn.com
instead, as you can find in mail header.