Date:      Sun, 7 Mar 1999 21:01:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brian Feldman <green@unixhelp.org>
To:        =?X-UNKNOWN?Q?S=F8ren_Schmidt?= <sos@freebsd.dk>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UPDATE3: ATA/ATAPI driver new version available.

On Sun, 7 Mar 1999, S=F8ren Schmidt wrote:

>=20
> Third update to the new ATA/ATAPI driver:
>=20
> ZIP drives should now be working, I'm not sure about LS120 drives,
> reports on those most welcome!

It doesn't lock up like before, but on my LS-120
wdc1: unit 0 (atapi): <LS-120 COSM   02              UHD Floppy/0271C09T>, =
removable, iordy
it seems to have "corrupt" reads. In addition, much of the time the ATA cod=
now will not boot my system, failing at atapi_transfer: bad command phase.

>=20
> Fixed problems:
>=20
>     Hang on probe on "fantom" devices.
> =09The probe now use a timeout to avoid hangs if no interrupt
> =09is received.
>=20
> There has also been more general code clenaups, and some reorgs.
>=20
> As usual USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!, this is still pre alpha level code.
>=20
> But please tell me how it works for you!
>=20
> Enjoy!
>=20
> -S=F8ren
>=20
>=20
>=20

 Brian Feldman=09=09=09=09=09  _ __  ___ ___ ___ =20
 green@unixhelp.org=09=09=09      _ __ ___ | _ ) __|   \=20
=09     http://www.freebsd.org/=09 _ __ ___ ____ | _ \__ \ |) |
 FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!=09   _ __ ___ ____ _____ |___/___/___/=20