Date:      Mon, 02 Oct 2000 00:03:40 -0400
From:      Steve Kudlak <chromexa@ovis.net>
To:        Heredity Choice <stork@QNET.COM>
Cc:        Joe Warner <jswarner@uswest.net>, Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, Bridgette Burke <eldritchflames@yahoo.com>
Subject:   Re: BSD Magazine?

Heredity Choice wrote:

> I don't see many computer magazines of any kind on the newsstands anymore.
> I think most people who are interested read them online.
>
> Paul Smith

Well here in Wheeling, WV one has to go into the local porn bookstore which
has a non-porn section and buy things like electronic and computer type
magazines except for the real biggie PC mags. Those one can get at the local
Kroger's. A journey to Ohio (just across the river) will get you a better
selection. Here WWF and Studio Wrestling Magazines dominate the local
newstands along with cooking and those women's advice type of magazines.

A creative attempt might fly,  I mean one could have a BSD magazine and have
it have a funny cover. You'd get a one pass buy from Christians who would buy
just to try to find out what that little devil was up to, and doesn't fork
sound vaguely racy in American English Slang and what about root for
Australian English.:) But if Alternative Press, which isn't bad, but is a
Marilyn Manson hagiography can survivea BSD slick (glossy stock magazine)
might make it. Especially if it had some of those nice tutorials in it.

Have Fun,
Sends Steve