Date:      Wed, 30 Nov 2011 20:34:58 +0100
From:      Olivier Houchard <mlfbsd@ci0.org>
To:        "Alex T." <dioxinu@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OMAP4 and FreeBSD

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 08:29:43PM +0200, Alex T. wrote:
> Good day guys,
>
> I have a question regarding OMAP4 support in FreeBSD. I have pandaboard and
> I would
> like to help to port FreeBSD to OMAP4. Could you suggest the right place to
> start from?
> I have found a note on the web about some work being done on this and that
> there are
> something is available at google code done by Ben Gray (+ repo on
> gitorious). On the
> other hand a have seen a note that ArabBSD project is doing this. Is there
> a united point
> where all their achievements are collected? Or do they work in parallel and
> independently?

Hi Alex,

The central point should probably be the armv6 branch in svn. I took Ben's
code, and merged it with the armv6 code (though it's not committed it, as it's
not in a committable shape yet, I can certainly put it online somewhere if
you're interested). I remember seeing the ArabBSD folks saying they would like
to work on it as well, but never found any public repository.
So far, I can netboot to multiuser (but no SMP yet), so the USB stuff works,
but that's about it. Ben wrote code for the MMC stuff, but it is not working
yet, last time I had a look at it, I was trying to figure out why.
If you're interested in working on it, you're more than welcome ;)

Regards,

Olivier