Date:      Thu, 13 Oct 2005 10:33:43 -0400
From:      "Tim Simmons" <TimSimmons@championrealty.com>
To:        "'Peter Grehan'" <grehan@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Panic on boot from CD

Sorry it's taken me a while to respond, I've been out on family leave. I
have tried as you suggested, booting from the open firmware screen instead
of directly from the CD, and I get the same result.

I downloaded and burned the 6.0RC1 ISO this morning, and get a slightly
different error, but in the same place. The error now reads:

KDB: debugger backends: ddb
KDB: current backend: ddb
Panic: Assertion curthread != NULL failed at
/usr/src/sys/kern/kern_mutex.c:268

KDB: enter: panic
[thread pid -1 tid 0 ]
Stopped at 	0:	illegal instruction 0

I can't interact with the system at this point to run a stack trace. Any
ideas? Oh, and no, it's not an eMac. It's a PowerMac G4 667mhz w/ 256 megs
ram. This same machine runs fine under OSX.

Tim Simmons
IT Technician
Champion Realty, Inc.
TimSimmons@ChampionRealty.Com