Date:      Sun, 24 Aug 1997 18:27:43 +0900
From:      NISHIO Shuichi <nishio@caleche.kecl.ntt.co.jp>
To:        smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: need status reports!!!

From: Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
Subject: HEADS UP: need status reports!!!
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 13:53:19 -0600

> Who has tried SMP sources dated August 1 or newer?
>
> if so:
>   What was your result, success or failure?

Seems to be running fine, although I am experiencing slowdown
in outbound transfers of de driver(from 6.5-7.5MB/s to 2.5-4.5MB/s).
Inbound transfers are just the same as before (6.5-7.5MB/s).

I am still not sure what changes are causing this slowdown.
(might be due to the changes in the de driver on 8/3)

>   What basic hardware: motherboard make & model, P5/P6?

Tyan S1668D ATX, dual P6 200MHz.

>   Is this the first attempt to run SMP on this hardware?

No.

>   Did you start with a SNAP or cvsuped source tree?
>   What date?

CVsuped on 8/23, from cvsup.jp.freebsd.org (a mirror at Japan),
plus additional lines to pci_apic_pin() for using the 5th PCI slot.

Previously I was using a cvsuped source on 7/28 with PEND_INTS
defined.

Nishio Shuichi