Date:      Fri, 20 Feb 2004 14:28:30 +0200
From:      Omer Faruk Sen <ofsen@enderunix.org>
To:        Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: List of ftp-masters?

About download speed I have contacted people resposable and I really want to
know why the link between ftp.tr and ftp-master.cz is slow. And about
missing files Rudolf Cejka has written this message and I think someone is
required to explain this matter:

Hmm, it seems that it is a good question to hubs@: What is tools.NEW
on ftp-master.FreeBSD.org and does anybody know, why it is not
in partial cvsup collections, but seems to be in FreeBSD-archive?

Thanks.

Oliver Fromme writes:

> Hi,
>
> Omer Faruk Sen wrote:
>  > Is there a list of ftp-masters so I can pick one to update turkey ftp mirror
>  > faster. Currently I am using ftp-master.freebsd.org. It is fine but a faster
>  > one is required especially in Europe. I have tried ftp-master.cz before but
>  > it wasn't that fast too and it wasn't very up to date.
>
> Are you sure?  As far as I can tell, ftp-master.cz is as
> up-to-date as it could possibly be.  I understand that
> it's syncing once per hour.
>
> As far as speed is concerned, for me (Germany) it is about
> five times faster than ftp-master.  From ftp-master.cz I
> get about 1 Mbyte/s, while it is 200 kbyte/s from ftp-master.
> (The numbers fluctuate somewhat depending on time-of-day
> and release activity, though.)
>
> Best regards
>    Oliver
>
> --
> Oliver Fromme, secnetix GmbH & Co KG, Oettingenstr. 2, 80538 München
> Any opinions expressed in this message may be personal to the author
> and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of secnetix in any way.
>
> With Perl you can manipulate text, interact with programs, talk over
> networks, drive Web pages, perform arbitrary precision arithmetic,
> and write programs that look like Snoopy swearing.

Omer Faruk Sen
http://www.EnderUNIX.ORG
Software Development Team @ Turkey
http://www.Faruk.NET