Date:      Fri, 26 Oct 2012 22:14:05 -0700
From:      Yuri <yuri@rawbw.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   How to boot FreeBSD and linux from FreeBSD MBR?

When I installed ubuntu on another partition, it overwrote BSD MBR with
grub one.
Now grub boots ubuntu without even asking what to boot.
When I tried to restore BSD MBR, BSD boots but linux doesn't. This is
because there is no bootable PBR in linux partition.
When I tried to install grub into PBR on its own partition, like someone
online suggested, it refused with the message that this is dangerous, etc.

So is there a way to boot both linux and BSD from BSD MBR (by pressing
F2 or whatever)?
Are there quick instructions anywhere?
I just don't want grub to take over the boot process.

Yuri