Date:      Sat, 16 Jun 2012 07:30:24 GMT
From:      Mikolaj Golub <trociny@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-virtualization@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/158686: [vimage] [tap] [patch] Add VIMAGE support to if_tap

The following reply was made to PR kern/158686; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Mikolaj Golub <trociny@freebsd.org>
To: "Daan Vreeken \[PA4DAN\]" <pa4dan@Bliksem.VEHosting.nl>
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, Alexander V. Chernikov <melifaro@freebsd.org>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 10:25:26 +0300

 Hi Daan,

 The patch is committed. Thank you!

 Note, I have not committed the "FIB" part of the patch though because I am not
 sure it was supposed to be done in this way. Your change looks reasonable for
 me, as it looks like without it mbufs of all incoming packets are not tagged
 on tap interface. On the other hand I don't see examples in kernel where tag
 is set before if_input() call (only before netisr_queue() or netisr_dispatch()).
 if_input() is actually ether_input(). May be it is supposed to just add this tag
 in ether_input()?

 I cc Alexander Chernikov, who is the author of the original patch that added
 mbuf tagging of incoming packets (r223741), and close this pr as the vimage
 part is fixed.

 --
 Mikolaj Golub