Date:      Sun, 13 Feb 2022 04:34:16 +0900 (JST)
From:      Yasuhiro Kimura <yasu@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Buildworld fails with external GCC toolchain

From: Dimitry Andric <dim@FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 22:53:44 +0100

> Not really, the gcc 9 build has been broken for months, as far as I know.
>
> See also: https://ci.freebsd.org/job/FreeBSD-main-amd64-gcc9_build/
>
> The last build(s) show a different error from yours, though:
>
> /workspace/src/tests/sys/netinet/libalias/util.c: In function 'set_udp':
> /workspace/src/tests/sys/netinet/libalias/util.c:112:2: error: converting a packed 'struct ip' pointer (alignment 2) to a 'uint32_t' {aka 'unsigned int'} pointer (alignment 4) may result in an unaligned pointer value [-Werror=address-of-packed-member]
>   112 |  uint32_t *up = (void *)p;
>       |  ^~~~~~~~
> In file included from /workspace/src/tests/sys/netinet/libalias/util.h:37,
>                  from /workspace/src/tests/sys/netinet/libalias/util.c:39:
> /workspace/src/sys/netinet/ip.h:51:8: note: defined here
>    51 | struct ip {
>
> -Dimitry

Thanks for information. I went back the commit history of main branch
about every month and check if buildworld succeeds with GCC. But it
didn't succeed even if I went back about a year. And devel/binutils
port was update to 2.37 on last August. So I suspect external GCC
toolchain doesn't work well after binutils is updated to current
version.

---
Yasuhiro Kimura