Date:      Wed, 25 Feb 1998 08:44:14 -0800 (PST)
From:      Brian Handy <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
To:        Satoshi Asami <asami@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        hoek@hwcn.org, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: depending on libs?

>> [Set up libPropList so it doesn't get installed]

Satoshi Responds:
>That's going a little too far.  What if the user has libPropList.a
>already installed and wants to update windowmaker?  I'd hate to have
>to recompile libPropList every time. ;)

Interestingly enough, this is what the INSTALL docs for WindowMaker
suggest.  However, if you try doing it this way...it doesn't work???
They've written their configure script so it expects libPropList to be
unpacked and compiled within the wmaker source tree!

Grrrr.  Their mailing list is also closed, and I haven't yet worked up the
urge to subscribe to Yet Another Mailing List in order to complain.

Brian