Date:      Sat, 9 Sep 1995 12:08:58 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        jleppek@suw2k.ess.harris.com (James Leppek)
Cc:        freebsd-current@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: current libraries and stability

> I have been trying to keep up with the cvs bits but there has been
> a drastic drop in stability in both stable and current lately, what
> happened??
>
> My 2.2 current kernel has problems with both shared libs and kernel page faults.
> the 2.1 stable machines (1 notebook and 1 workstation, both pentiums) also seem
> to suffer from the sig 11 problem and instabilities. This seems to have
> occurred within the last couple of weeks. Is it a good idea to try a few
> more make worlds ??
>
> Has anyone else seen this trend?

As of all builds past August 26th I have seen very serious problems in
the -stable branch.  So many infact I am now painfully trying to get
a cvs co of -stable on July 26th at 0:00.  If has so many strange little
problems I don't even want to try and start to find them.

Unfortanetly cvs update -rRELENG_2_1_0 -D "95/06/26 00:00" is not doing
the right thing for me :-(.

> my last make world was aug. 24th, the kernel was built today.

If you have a way revert to the August 24th sources.