Date:      Sun, 29 Jul 2001 14:42:44 +0100 (BST)
From:      "Walter C. Pelissero" <walter@pelissero.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   PCMCIA hot swap

Having recently upgraded from 4.0 to 4.3 on my laptop I've noticed
that PCMCIA insertion and extraction doesn't work as it used to.

The system (Vaio PCG-XG9) just freezes.  Some time I'm able to rescue
the situation inserting and extracting several times the offending
card.  Some time I have to power off and reboot.

Normally, if a card is insert before the bootstrap it's correctly
detected and configured.

My question is: "Has the hot swap feature been somehow dropped from
the PCCARD code?"

--
walter pelissero
http://www.pelissero.org