Date:      Fri, 26 Mar 2004 12:02:54 +0200
From:      "Tomi Kaistila" <tomi.kaistila@datamike.org>
To:        <freebsd-config@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Character settings

Hi All

I'm trying to configure my FreeBSD 5.2 to display scandinavian characters:
like A with two dots, O with two dots, etc. I found some instructions from
the Internet but they were for older version of FreeBSD, and they were for
users who used X. I don't have have X, but I still use text editors, irssi
for irc, and that sort of thing. I've enabled the Finnish ISO keymap from
/stand/sysinstall and it enables a proper keyboard, but I still can't get
any scandinavian characters.

Can anyone give a hand with this issue?