Date:      Tue, 11 Oct 2005 15:11:19 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Rob Watt <rob@hudson-trading.com>
To:        Don Lewis <truckman@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, mikep@hudson-trading.com, Jason Carroll <jason@hudson-trading.com>
Subject:   Re: freebsd-5.4-stable panics

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005, Rob Watt wrote:

> Don,
>
> On Fri, 7 Oct 2005, Don Lewis wrote:
>
> > Both HEAD and RELENG_6 have been patched.  I've tested the following
> > patch for RELENG_5 on a uniprocessor sparc64 box.  I'd appreciate it if
> > anyone who was running into this problem on RELENG_5 with SMP hardare
> > could test it before I do the MFC.
>
> We have a machine running with those patches applied. We need to do some
> other tests on it today, but tonight we will run our threaded applications
> that trigger the kern_proc problem in top. We should have results tomorrow
> morning.

Don,

I had misunderstood what you had asked. I tested this on a 6.0 machine. I
could not crash an amd64 SMP box running 6.0-BETA5 with this patch. I do
not have a test box running RELENG_5 to try this patch on right now. If I
can setup a test box I will let you know our results, but that may take a
day or two.

-
Rob Watt