Date:      Tue, 27 Mar 2001 09:37:37 +0200 (METDST)
From:      hm@hcs.de (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr
Cc:        hm@hcs.de, FreeBSD-Stable List <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: strange 3Com 3C509 probe behaviour

From the keyboard of Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr:

> I'm using here a bunch of 3c509 (around 20), and the easiest way to use them
> is to set them in non-PnP mode and force the I/O port and IRQs (with a
> 3x5x9cfg.exe utility)

To get it into the list archives: this solved the problem completely.

It was necessary to get the latest 3c5x9cfg.exe utility from 3com (6.1),
a 5.x version did not work.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                                    Tel   +49 40 55 97 47-70
HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH                Fax   +49 40 55 97 47-77