Date:      Thu, 05 Jul 2012 21:52:31 +0700
From:      Adam Strohl <adams-freebsd@ateamsystems.com>
To:        Rainer Duffner <rainer@ultra-secure.de>
Cc:        Mark Saad <nonesuch@longcount.org>, "stable@freebsd.org" <stable@freebsd.org>, Pete French <petefrench@ingresso.co.uk>
Subject:   Re: Recommendation for Hyervisor to host FreeBSD

On 7/5/2012 21:27, Rainer Duffner wrote:
> They come (or came, last time I looked) with a lot of
> run-time dependencies and even more at build-time.
> And AFAIK, they don't offer the full functionality either.

There is a number of dependencies, but as far as I know it isn't missing
anything: memory driver, OS control (ie; shutdown), etc.

I manage dozens of FreeBSD VMs under ESXi 3.5, 4.x and 5.0 ... most of
them using OpenVM tools (ie; the 9.x hosts), works great.

--
Adam Strohl
http://www.ateamsystems.com/