Date:      Wed, 16 Jun 1999 14:29:47 -0400
From:      bush doctor <dervish@bantu.cl.msu.edu>
To:        morpheus_420@depechemode.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: help with CD-Rom

Once morpheus_420@depechemode.com aka (morpheus_420@depechemode.com) said:
> Yesterday I was able to mount my CD-ROM just fine. Today after
> a lot of kernel hacking I am not. I am fairly new at this so
> this may be a really easy answer.
> I have an entry in the "fstab" file that references my cdrom
> /dev/wcd0c   /cdrom    ro, noauto   0  0
> but when I goto "mount /cdrom" I get an error that says
> "/dev/wcd0c: Device not configured"
>

> Any ideas as to what I am doing or have done wrong here
No ideas as to what you're doing :-)
However,
Check your kernel config file and make sure you have the following
device          wcd0            #IDE CD-ROM

grep the output of dmesg and see if you had any errors referring to wcd0

Can't be any more helpful without just a wee bit more information about
your system, at least the version you're running.  dmesg output would've
been useful here.  Also this question probably should have went to -questions

> thanks in advance
No problems.  Also once i have an ides as to what you're doing, you'll be
the first to know ... #;^)

> -Jay

> Exclusive Depeche Mode Merchandise Now Avalailable Online at
> http://www.depechemode.com
> Depeche Mode Mail is a service of Electric Artists and
> OneSoft.

#;^)
--
So ya want ta here da roots?