Date:      Tue, 6 Nov 2001 13:45:58 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix@looksharp.net>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "Jeroen C. van Gelderen" <jeroen@vangelderen.org>, Marcel Prisi <marcel-lists@virtua.ch>, <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: What NIC to choose ?

On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Mike Smith wrote:

>> Indeed that would be unfair.  Here is one particular model that I have
>> found to suck.  =)
>>
>> Ethernet controller: LiteOn LNE100TX (rev 32).
>> >My experience with the Linksys LNE100TX 4.1 (ADMtek chipset)
>> >has been nothing but positive, despite the fact that it is
>> >a tulip clone. Which were the exact types of cards that you
>> >had fail?
>>
>> Exactly the same card.  You may have had positive experiences with 'em,
>> but I have seen too many keel over dead.
>
>Actually, those are two totally different cards; they just happen to have
>the same product name.
>
>The key difference is the MAC; LiteOn vs. ADMtek.

Thanks for the correction, Mike.  With so many rebadged NICs running
around it's getting difficult to keep track of who's parts are where.

--
"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today.  There might be a
law against it by that time."	-- /usr/games/fortune, 07/30/2001

Brandon D. Valentine <bandix at looksharp.net>